Christian Redl Beats World Free-Diving Record
February 12th, on the small frozen Weissensee lake in the Austrian Alps, Christian Redl, world specialist in free diving under the ice, dove to an amazing depth of 61 meters below the ice. The previous record was set at 56 meters below.
With an ice thickness of 31cm, Christian’s dive lasted one minute and 51 seconds in a two degree Centigrade water temperature. What a fantastic and exceptional performance!
Christian Redl, who has been kept from training for almost a week due to a bad cold, was close to canceling this attempt to beat the world free-diving record. In the end, Christian decided he would dive. Now, he’s the new World Champion in under ice free-diving.
Edox, the Swiss watchmaker whose history is marked by countless inventions — some of which remain unsurpassed up to this day — is Christian Redl’s official timing partner. Sturdiness, extreme conditions, technological expertise and reliability are the keys to their joint philosophies. The diving watch worn during this new world record was the Iceman I Limited Edition, available worldwide.
Edox Mens 96001 37NO NIO2 Iceman I Limited Edition Diving Watch
- Functions – Hours, minutes, small second, date
- Calibre – Edox 96, based on the ETA 2895
- Movement Dimensions – 4.35 mm
- Watch Case Depth – 16.2 mm
- Diameter – 43 mm
- Finishings – 316L stainless steel and black PVD, number of the watch engraved on a plate affixed to the case flank
- Bezel – Unidirectional rotating black ceramic bezel
- Valve – Automatic helium valve
- Water Resistance – 1000 meters / 100 ATM / 3300 feet
- Dial – Black carbon, orange markings
- Glass – Scratch-resistant sapphire anti-reflective treatment
- Strap – Genuine black rubber, structured
- Clasp – Stainless steel and black PVD coating, engraved Edox logo
About Gevril Group
Gevril Group, watchmaker and wholesale watch distributor, is the exclusive U.S. agent for exquisitely designed and crafted European luxury and fashion watch brands, distributing and servicing some of the best affordable luxury and Swiss watches and trendy fashion watches. Gevril Group also operates a full-service watch repair, staffed by master Swiss watchmakers. Contact Gevril Group by email or by calling 845-425-9882.
Please subscribe to the Gevril Group newsletter and blog digest.