This veritable merman, who pushes back the limits of the endurable, is now considered one of the foremost free-diving specialists of our time. Christian Redl holds several world free-diving records, of which the most impressive is probably his 100-meter under-ice swim — although his traversing of Mexican caves is unforgettable.
Christian’s ultimate objective is to surpass his own limits, making his dreams reality. His dives under ice show that, apart from the exploit itself, it is about reaching out for and pushing back the limits of the extreme. Christian’s next major project is planned for Austria in early 2011, when he’ll attempt to beat the world free-diving record for depth under ice. Equipped only with a 3 mm neoprene wetsuit, he’ll attempt to beat the record of 60 meters in 36 degree Fahrenheit water, a daunting challenge, even for a free-diver of his caliber.
Sharing the same philosophy of taking on extreme challenges, Edox became Christian Redl’s watchmaking partner.
Edox Mens 96001 37NO NIO2 Iceman I Limited Edition Luxury Diving Watch
Here are front and back closeups of the new limited-edition Edox Iceman I men’s diving watch that’s expected to become available in January 2011.
List Price: $2550.00 Limited Edition: 600 Pieces
- Functions – Hours, minutes, small second, date
- Calibre – Edox 96, based on the ETA 2895
- Movement Dimensions – 4.35 mm
- Watch Case Depth – 16.2 mm
- Diameter – 43 mm
- Finishings – 316L stainless steel and black PVD, number of the watch engraved on a plate affixed to the case flank
- Bezel – Unidirectional rotating black ceramic bezel
- Valve – Automatic helium valve
- Water Resistance – 1000 metres / 100 atm / 3300 feet
- Dial – Black carbon, orange markings
- Glass – Scratch-resistant sapphire anti-reflective treatment
- Strap – Genuine black rubber, structured
- Clasp – Stainless steel and black PVD coating, engraved Edox logo
About Gevril Group
Gevril Group, watchmaker and wholesale watch distributor, is the exclusive U.S. agent for exquisitely designed and crafted European luxury and fashion watch brands, distributing and servicing some of the best affordable luxury and Swiss watches and trendy fashion watches. Gevril Group also operates a full-service watch repair, staffed by master Swiss watchmakers. Contact Gevril Group by email or by calling 845-425-9882.
Join the conversation! Follow Gevril Group on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Please subscribe to the Gevril Group newsletter and blog.