A Breathtaking New Interpretation of “Cool”
Fortis has a long tradition of collaboration with well-known artists to create special, limited edition “art watches” that are based on proven Fortis mechanisms. Already, well known artists such as Michael Mattern, Andora and Rolf Sachs have created memorable designs that capture the imagination.
Now, the well known German architect and industrialist Rolf Sachs has created the Frisson, a spectacular new “art watch” for Fortis that surpasses the innovative and humorous “IQ” Watch, which he introduced with Fortis in 2008.
Frisson Means Chill or Shiver in French
The new Frisson, which literally means chill or shiver in French, is intriguing and completely different than anything you’ve seen before. According to Sachs, he was tired of the sterile quality of many modern watches and used hand-lettered numerals on the dial to soften and humanize the look.
The watch has a special finish on the mineral glass crystal that resembles an iced vodka glass just out of the freezer. Sachs wants to encourage the wearer to physically interact with the watch by wiping a wet finger over the dial or breathing on it to get a clearer view through the frosted glass.
This breathtaking design literally changes in appearance every time you touch it. The moisture of your breath brings clarity to the dial for just a moment, before it returns to being semi hidden by a veil of icy frost.
A brilliant choice of materials enhances the “cool” appearance of this distinctive and unusual timepiece. Each Frisson 25 jewel automatic Swiss movement is encased in brushed stainless steel and fitted with a transparent silicon strap with folding clasp. The watch features cool aqua colored luminous coated hands that glow softly through the frosted glass.
Limited to 999 Pieces
Only 999 pieces of this uniquely individual art watch will ever be produced, so if you’re interested in acquiring a Frisson art watch for yourself, you’ll want to act quickly. This is your chance to enjoy the legendary Fortis quality and reliability that has made the brand a favorite with pilots and astronauts around the world, while wearing something that is as unique as you are. Fortis will soon be celebrating its 100th anniversary, so join in the celebration by reserving your Frisson at an title=”Where to Buy Fortis Watches” target=”_blank”>authorized Fortis dealer today.
Fortis 595.11.82 SI.29 Flieger Limited Edition “Frisson” Frosted Crystal Rubber Art Watch by Rolf Sachs
- Movement – Automatic Swiss movement, 11 1/2 ”’, 25 jewels 28,800 semi-vibrations per hour, fine timing device
- Function – Hour, minute, centre-stop-second, date indication
- Case – Steel, two-parts, brushed, 40mm case diameter, mineral crystal with frosted look, screwed-down steel case back and crown with FORTIS logo and crown protection Individually numbered (xxx/999), water-resistant up to 200 m / 20 bar
- Dial/Hands – Dial white, Arabic numerals, indices and drawn FORTIS logo in graphit look hour and minute hand with superluminova blue and blue afterglow in the darkness, second hand silver-colored with second stop Date indication with red circle at 3, Rolf Sachs Logo in graphit on the lower part of the dial
- Band – Silicone strap transparent with folding clasp
- Packaging – Leather box, pouch with FORTIS logo, instruction manual with special look certificate of limitation, international warranty card
- Special Features – Limited edition 999 pieces, frosted effect on the glass, clearing the dial possible using moisture, Rolf Sachs Logo on the dial