The established Swiss watch brand Fortis, well versed in the history of aeronautics and space travel, uses its knowledge for developing precise chronographs for pilots, cosmonauts and astronauts.
Being the supplier of numerous professional flight squadrons and as the manufacturer of the official watches of the Russian space program, Fortis keeps in touch constantly with pilots and space travelers. This strong contact allows Fortis to constantly test the watches in the most extreme conditions, and has enriched the creative work of the company as well as gaining experience and knowledge that can be incorporated into new timepieces.
Fortis Watches announced at Baselworld 2011 two new big date watches in the B-42 Flieger collection that are easy to read. Both black PVD and brushed steel versions feature a big day indication at 9 and a big date indication at 3 that are much easier to read than conventional day date implementations.
Gevril Group is the US and Canadian agent for Fortis. Contact us by email or at 845-425-9882 x167.
Fortis Mens B-42 Flieger Collection New Limited Edition Easy-to-Read Big Day Date Watches
List Prices: TBA
- Movement – Automatic Swiss movement 2836-1 modified, 11 1/2 “, 25 jewels; 28,800 semi-vibrations per hour; Fine timing device and Incabloc shock absorber
- Function – Hour, minute, center-stop-second; day/date indication bilingual English and German; Fortis own big date mechanism
- Case – Steel PVD black or brushed, two-parts, 42 mm case diameter; Sapphire crystal anti-reflective coating on both sides; crown with Fortis logo, screw-down glass case back; individually numbered (xxx/500); water-resistant 200 m/20 bar
- Dial/Hands – Black matte, flange with hour-scale 13-24 h; Triangles at 3 and 9 illustrating the direction of rotating the crown for quick adjustment; Arabic numerals, hour/minute hands and indexes with Superluminova white and green afterglow in the darkness; center-stop-second white, easy-to-read day indication at 9 and big date indication at 3
- Attachment – Leather strap black padded with contrast stitching fitted to the case
- Packaging – Leather box, pouch with Fortis logo; instruction manual, international warranty card; certificate of limitation
- Special Features – Limited Edition 500 pieces; Fortis own big date mechanism; visible movement through glass case back
Gevril Group US, Canada and Caribbean Fortis Watches Agent
Gevril Group is the sole US, Canada and Caribbean agent for Fortis Watches and the authorized Fortis watch repair service center. Contact us by email or by calling 845-425-9882.
Join the conversation! Follow Gevril Group on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Please subscribe to the Gevril Group newsletter and blog.