New Fortis 100th Anniversary Mens 674.20.15 Si05 B-47 Worldtimer Limited Edition Watch with Rotating Dial
In a world full of complications, here’s one you can actually enjoy.
In celebration of their 100th Anniversary in 2012, Fortis has introduced one of the most ingenious watch complications seen in years. The Fortis B-47 Worldtimer is a special limited edition of only 2012 pieces that is sure to excite watch aficionados in any time zone.
This beautifully finished 46mm masterpiece uses a unique counter clockwise rotating dial depicting the earth from above to indicate UTC/GMT time. The entire dial is adjustable as a second time zone, and as the day progresses, you see the earth rotate on your wrist.
This graphic representation of world time is intuitive and easy to understand, making this watch an essential overseas companion for any world traveler. When the rotating inner dial is combined with the rotating stainless steel outer bezel adorned with city names in each of the world’s 24 time zones, you can instantly know the time in any location.
Fortis quality and reliability is legendary, and this watch is no exception. A specially modified 26-jewel Fortis Calibre F-2022 automatic movement powers the B-47 Worldtimer, and a highly polished three-part stainless steel case protects it from the elements. Each individually numbered timepiece in this limited edition is water resistant to 660 feet and fitted with a your choice of a black padded leather strap, a stainless steel bracelet, or a blue silicon matching the color of the blue earth on the dial. With a scratch resistant sapphire crystal and a screw down glass case back, it’s easy to see both the time and the watch’s inner workings.
There is also an easy-to-read big date at three o’clock flanked by arrows showing which direction to rotate the crown for quick adjustments. The skeletonized hands and hour indices have special Superluminova coating that glows blue in the darkness.
If you are a fan of GMT or dual time zone timepieces, the Fortis B-47 Worldtimer Limited Edition is a watch you simply have to own. Starting in January 2012, Fortis will be celebrating its 100 anniversary. You have an opportunity to join in the celebration by reserving your B-47 Worldtimer Limited Edition at your authorized Fortis dealer today.
Fortis 100th Anniversary Mens 674.20.15 Si05 B-47 Worldtimer Limited Edition Watch with Rotating Dial
List Price: $4,350
- Movement – Swiss Automatic movement, modified FORTIS Calibre F-2022 11 1/2 ”’, 26-jewels 28,800 semi-vibrations per hour, fine timing device and Incabloc shock absorber
- Function – Unique UTC/GMT indication with 24-hours hand on counter clockwise turning dial adjustable as 2nd time zone; hour, minute, center-stop-second; big date indication with FORTIS individual mechanism
- Case – Steel high polished, three-parts, 47 mm case diameter World timer function through bidirectional turning bezel adorned with 24 city names referring to the 24 time zones Sapphire crystal anti-reflective coating on both sides Rotating external bezel, crown with FORTIS logo, screw-down glass case back, individually numbered (xxx /2012); water-resistant to 660 feet
- Dial/Hands – Counter clockwise rotating inner dial part illustrating the Earth like the blue planet seen from above, visualizing the 24 time zones, marked with a red line as GMT hand; silver, flange with minute indication; triangles at 3 o’clock illustrating the direction of rotating the crown for quick adjustment Arabic numerals, hour/minute Skeleton hands and hour markers indices with Superluminova white, blue afterglow in the darkness; center-stop-second white, big date indication at 3 o’clock
- Attachment – Leather strap black padded fitted to the case
- Packaging – Leather box, pouch with FORTIS logo; instruction manual/international warranty card/and certificate of limitation in one booklet
- Special Features – Unique combination of two world timer functions external bezel adorned with city names; GMT time through counter clockwise rotating dial following the real Earth rotation Illustration of the world’s continents referring to the 24 time zones; FORTIS individual Big Date mechanism; Limited Edition 2012 pieces
- Warranty – 2 Years
Gevril Group US, Canada and Caribbean Fortis Watches Agent
Gevril Group is the sole US, Canada and Caribbean agent for Fortis Watches and the official Fortis watch repair service center. Contact Miriam Tress, Fortis Brand Manager, by email or by calling 845-425-9882.